Istanbul Cultural Center at Jacksonville was established in 2006 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization by Turkish-Americans and friends. Istanbul Cultural Center advocates to eliminate or reduce false stereotypes, prejudices and unjustified fears through direct human communication.
Our vision is to strengthen the cultural and educational ties between the peoples of the United States and Turkey.
We aim to make a significant contribution to the national and global peace through universal values of dialogue, friendship, mutual respect and understanding.
Specifically, our goals are to:
- Establish bridges between cultures and communities through dialogue programs, cultural activities, and intercultural trips.
- Make a significant contribution to national and global peace and security by sharing Turkey’s heritage of tolerance and understanding.
- Introduce Turkish culture to the American society and fulfill the cultural and social needs of Turkish-Americans who reside in Jacksonville and vicinity.
- Provide students and the public with a variety of educational services, such as
- K-12 and SAT tutoring,
- Turkish language classes,
- Educational consulting,
- Cooking classes, and
- Help newcomers adapt to the life in the United States.